BLOG description

This blog is a record of soups we have tried from recommendations from recipe books, friends, the web and other places. How we liked them or didn't as the case may be.We try to find different soups to try each week and make the meal fun by inviting friends to share.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Awesome soup #8 Cream of Scallion soup



This week I wanted to have a light soup as I was going out that evening to a Robbie Burns celebration It was January 25 and the celebration was being held at my British Connection ladies group at fabulous cook's house and I just knew the food would be delicious and plentiful.( It was !!)
So Mike chose a light cream soup made from very basic ingredients: scallions, onions, potatoes, cream and a few herbs. It was to be served either hot or cold but as it was January and cool for Texas, you can guess how we had it.
 It turned out to be very light and easy to eat. The texture was smooth but the “delicate taste of onions” promised in the Soup Bible was so delicate it was almost non existent. Perhaps it would taste better cold when all the ingredients have had time to mature. Reminds me of some people I know. We must remember to try it again in the summer as it certainly was a pleasant soup. Mike gave it a 9 and so did I.

With the soup I made French bread which again tasted just fine, crunchy and good. The aroma, as I took it out of the oven, was wonderful but again the shape was less than desired. My dough does seem to spread sideways rather than rise upwards. I shall have to look into that and see what I can do about it.

With the meal, we had a light white chardonnay and creamy coleslaw.
No friends came to share this week but next week we look forward to seeing Priscilla and Kyle to share soup #9.
Remember if you would like to share “Soup day” just call and let me know. We would love to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment